Before You Begin
1. Check your version of Windows before attempting to install the NetFoundry Windows Client. It does not run on 32bit versions of Windows. See this Microsoft support article for more information: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: Frequently asked questions
2. Ensure that Windows has access to the Internet on the following ports
|For client install/registration to the NetFoundry Network||
TCP 18443, TCP 49012
|For client connectivity to the NetFoundry Network||
TCP 80, TCP 443, UDP 49002, TCP/UDP 5520-5550
3. Supported Windows versions
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 10 64-bit
The installer will prompt the user for elevated privileges when needed.
4. You will need a Registration Key to complete the client installation.
You should have received the key via email, or some other means, from your network administrator or installation coordinator. The registration key can be also obtained from the NetFoundry Console - see Create and manage clients for more information.
Installing the NetFoundry client on Windows
- Download the client installer package from the downloads page for your version of Windows, and save it to your your PC.
- Locate the installer package and double-click to run it.
- If a "Windows protected your PC" appears, click "More info", and then "Run anyway"